Kelly Counselling is committed at every level and in all aspects of the service it offers to providing a confidential service to all those who are seeking mental health support.
Information will be treated in the utmost confidence and will not be divulged to anyone except where extenuating circumstances exist (see below). However, in order that Kelly Counselling can provide the best possible help to clients it may be necessary to share information with a clinical supervisor.
No personal information about a client will be given to any third party even if the person is a member of their family except in the limited circumstances described below or where client consent has been provided.
Information will only be passed to another company or organisation with the consent of you (the client). If Kelly Counselling intend to get information from another company or organisation to help you (the client) or to refer them to a local centre and this must be explained to you (the client), and your permission given in advance in respect of same.
In certain circumstances Kelly Counselling reserves the right to break confidentiality should this be deemed necessary. These circumstances include:
If you (the client) disclose information that may indicate risk to children.
If you (the client) disclose an intention to cause harm to yourself or to others.
If you (the client) give information pertaining to a serious crime.
In circumstances where Kelly Counselling is requested to provide information about you by the Gardai or any other government or judicial body pursuant to a lawful order of a court or under such other legislative or statutory powers as may be applicable to the body.
We acknowledge that clients remain responsible for their own lives even if that means they decide to take their own life. We encourage our clients to get help and support from the appropriate authority and will encourage you as a client, if necessary, to call an ambulance.
In all of these cases, if a decision has to be taken to break confidentiality, it will be done only after consultation you (the client).
– Any written client records will be kept securely at the Kelly Counselling appointment system.
– Any names, addresses and phone numbers will be kept securely at the Kelly Counselling appointment system.
– Any record sheets will be destroyed automatically after 6 years of inactivity.
– You, as a client, or previous client of Kelly Counselling, may access all written records about yourself that we hold through the Kelly Counselling appointment system.
Letters or Online Messages
– Any letters or printed online messages will be kept securely.
– Any correspondence will be destroyed after 6 years.
– However, if a letter or online message is received which gives thanks or encouragement then it may be kept provided that permission is sought from the writer. (See below)
– If a letter or online message is received which we would like to use in publicity, we will seek the permission of the writer to ensure that they are happy for us to do this.
– Information about a client will never be used for publicity purposes unless consent has been obtained (see above).
Cancellation by Kelly Counselling
Kelly Counselling reserves the right to modify or cancel any session if unforeseen circumstances arise. If we cancel we shall inform you as soon as possible, offer to refund any pre-paid fees or reschedule for an alternative day and time.
Cancellation by You
If you wish to cancel or reschedule a booking please note the following conditions will apply:
(i) if notice is given more than 48 hours prior to the session - a full refund will be provided (where a session was pre-paid) or an alternative appointment will be offered;
(ii) less than 48 hours prior to the session & failure to show for a session- the full cost of a session will be charged.