Fully qualified Counsellor and Psychotherapist
Working from a city centre practice in Dublin.
B.A. Degree in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy,
Fully insured & registered, Pre-accredited Member of IACP
(Irish Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy)
Working in accordance with IACP ethics and guidelines.
"I was a volunteer Psychotherapist at VCS (Village Counselling Service) in Tallaght whilst completing the final year of my Degree program. The following year, I accepted a position with Morneau Shepell as an EAP Counsellor while continuing to work part-time at VCS as a Fully Qualified Psychotherapist.
Since then, I've set up my own Private Practice which I now operate from Dublin City Centre. In my spare time I volunteered as a Tutor Assistant at IICP College where I assisted in presenting 'Counselling Skills' modules to 1st year students.
I have also worked as a Social Care Worker within the homeless sector for many years, with both Merchant's Quay and Peter McVerry Trust. Throughout this period I frequently worked with behavioural issues, substance abuse, psychosis, trauma, suicidal ideation and self-harm. This role reinforced my belief in the levels of human resilience, empathy and the importance of connection."
I am passionate about my work and I love what I do. I'm also a keen advocate for social diversity, equality and in particular LGBT rights. As a member of the LGBT community, I observed a discrepancy in what organisations were saying versus the support provided to employees at ground level. In 2009 I founded the CitiPride LGBT network for Ireland before being appointed to the Diversity Steering Committee at Citibank Dublin in 2013.
• Understanding Trauma & Trauma Informed Practice – IICP
• Therapeutic Support in the Aftermath of Rape and Sexual Assault – DRCC
• ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) Certification – IICP College
• SAOR National Addiction Training Programme – SAOR Brief Intervention (HSE)
• Foundation in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) - IICP College
• Conflict Management and Challenging Behaviour – The Learning Curve Institute
• MAPA (Management of Actual and Potential Aggression) – CPI
• Key Working and Case Management – The Learning Curve (at BYAP)
• Communicating with People who have an Intellectual Disability – HSE e-learning certificate.
• Advocacy for Older People in Residential Care - HSE e-learning certificate.