B.A. Degree in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
Dip. in Counselling and Psychotherapy
Fully Qualified, Insured & Registered.
Accredited Member of IACP
(Irish Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy)
"I was a Volunteer Psychotherapist at VCS in Tallaght whilst completing my Psychotherapy Degree. The following year, I worked with Morneau Shepell as an EAP Counsellor and in my spare time I volunteered as a Tutor Assistant at IICP College where I assisted in presenting 'Counselling Skills' modules to 1st year students. Since then, I've set up my own Private Practice (Kelly Counselling) which I operate from Dublin City Centre and proudly affiliated with City Therapy who is credited as No.1 Psychotherapy Service in Dublin by Best in Ireland.
I was also a Social Care Worker within the Irish homeless sector for many years. Throughout this period I frequently worked with behavioral issues, substance abuse, psychosis, trauma, suicidal ideation and self-harm. This role reinforced my belief in the levels of human resilience, empathy and the importance of connection."
"I am passionate about my work and I love what I do. I'm also an advocate for social diversity, equality and in particular LGBT+ rights. As a member of the LGBT community, I observed a discrepancy in what organisations were saying versus the support provided to employees at ground level. In 2009 I founded and Chaired the CitiPride LGBT Network for Ireland before being appointed Treasurer of the Diversity Steering Committee in 2013.
It's for this reason that I specialise in Gender Expansive and LGBTQI work in addition to trauma informed issues".
• Understanding Trauma & Trauma Informed Practice – IICP
• Therapeutic Support in the Aftermath of Rape and Sexual Assault – DRCC
• ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) Certification – IICP
• SAOR National Addiction Training Programme – SAOR Brief Intervention (HSE)
• Foundation in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) - IICP
• Conflict Management and Challenging Behaviour – The Learning Curve Institute
• MAPA (Management of Actual and Potential Aggression) – CPI
• Key Working and Case Management – The Learning Curve (BYAP)
• Communicating with People who have an Intellectual Disability – HSE e-learning.
• Advocacy for Older People in Residential Care - HSE e-learning.